This page contains important information that you should be aware of before using your HoverGames drone development kit. Please read it carefully.
The HoverGames drone development kit (the “KIT”) is for experienced developers above the age of 18 only. CAREFULLY read all information and instructions on this page before assembly and operation of the device.
- NXP provides no software for this circuit board. You are using open source software and programming the flight controller yourself.
- Advanced mechanical and flying skills are a prerequisite for assembling and operating this device. If you are in doubt of your assembly or piloting skills, do not assemble or fly.
- It is your responsibility to inform yourself of and follow all current federal, state, provincial, district and any local laws regarding the use of the drone in the area where you plan to operate it.
- If you choose to modify your drone to function in any autonomous manner, you must ensure that you obtain any required certifications, waivers and licenses and comply fully with local, national and international laws that will apply. It is your responsibility to know what is legal operation.
- It is highly recommended that you have proper liability insurance coverage at all times.
- Your first priority must be the safety of people. Therefore, always keep the drone at a safe distance from people (including yourself!) and follow the provided safety instructions.
- Always fly at locations that are clear of buildings and other obstacles.
- DO NOT fly above or near people or crowds.
- Avoid flying at altitudes above 400 feet (120 m).
- Be certain you are legally allowed to fly in the location and at the altitude you are planning.
- Fly in moderate weather conditions with temperatures between 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C).
- Check all applicable NOTAM and Flight Restrictions in your area. If you don't know what this means, study and educate yourself on the local area aviation rules first. You may need to call and ask a nearby flight control tower before flying.
These are some very important things to check before every flight:
- Ensure the remote controller and aircraft batteries are fully charged.
- Ensure the propellers are in good condition and securely tightened.
- Ensure there is nothing obstructing the motors.
- Be sure to calibrate the compass at every new flight location or if the app prompts you.
- Check that the camera lens is clean and free of stains, in case of FPV (First Person View) flight.
- Stay away from the rotating propellers and motors.
- Maintain line of sight of your aircraft at all times.
- DO NOT answer incoming telephone calls during flight.
- DO NOT fly under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- In the case of a "Low Battery Warning", land the aircraft as soon as possible at a safe location.
- After landing, first disarm the drone, unplug the flight battery, then turn off the remote controller.
There is also the possibility to insure yourself. It is your own responsibility to find out whether this is required in your location.
- Americas - AMA and MAAC are two hobby associations that offer insurance for hobby drones (non-commercial use). There are insurers for other usage types.
- Other countries - Contact local drone/hobby flight associations, they should be aware of the best available options.
This GitBook is by no means a complete reference guide for the HoverGames drone development platform or other NXP mobile robotics products. Also be aware that this GitBook is continuously being improved and expanded. Information may change without notice and some sections may be incomplete or contain errors. If you find an error or have a suggestion, any feedback is very welcome.
NXP Semiconductors provides the KIT “as is” and “as available” for your use, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties of merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. NXP provides no software for this KIT.
In no case shall NXP Semiconductors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages AND PERSONAL INJURIES, INCLUDING THAT TO LIFE AND HEALTH, RESULTING FROM THE ASSEMBLY AND OPERATION OF THE KIT.
YOU ASSUME FULL AND UNLIMITED RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL APPLICATIONS AND USES of the KIT, INCLUDING liability for damages to property and persons from the DEVICE.